Whenever I am afraid to start one of digital storytelling homework projects I ask myself:
1. What exactly am I afraid of about this project?
2. What are the components of this project?
3. What else do I need to build this project?
4. How long will it take me to build this project?
Then I get started. My biggest problem is FINISHING. I get stuck before the finishing mode. My biggest hurdle is PERFECTION.
I have started each project each week that I was enrolled in Dr. Stacey Patton’s Sunday night class — plus 4 more since class ended — and have only completed and published 3.
I need an accountability partner. Anyone interested in meeting once a week on zoom to learn Digital Storytelling?
My goals are
1. Finishing the 6 projects I have started
2. Go through the class again using the recordings doing each project again
3. Start and complete some sort of quick, freestyle project each week
4. Take the class again in the winter
5. Teach someone else how to do all the projects.
Yesterday I took a few photos to start freestyle project. Today I will finish the project.